In 2020 exposition on metalworking within INNOPROM international trade fair, which takes place in Ekaterinburg from 7th to 10th July, will once again gather equipment producers and buyers, representatives from government departments and industry experts from 96 countries around the world. The most significant industrial event of Russian Federation traditionally attracts attention of the professional community, mass media and general public. In 2019 the fair was attended by more than 43 000 visitors, and among distinguished guests were Russian President Vladimir Putin, industry and trade ministers, heads of regions and member-countries’ ambassadors.Look equipment, presented at the exposition
One of the key sectors of the exposition is “Casting materials and equipment” section in 2-st exhibition hall of IEC “Ekarinburg-Expo”. Producers and distributers from Russia and other countries will show the latest developments made by market participants, who are interested in modernization and quality and efficiency improvement in casting industry.Get ticket for visiting the exposition
Casting is one of the most ancient methods of metalworking and making metal goods. Continuous improvement of technologies opens new capacities to apply this method in industry. That is why this section of INNOPROM. METALWORKING exposition draws attention of representatives from clusters, factories and manufacturing companies from different industry branches.
Products made by casting are widely used in the following fields:
- Light and heavy machine engineering
- Machine tool building
- Military-industry complex and weapons production
- Electronics and home appliances manufacturing
- Serial production of metal goods
- Medicine and prosthesis
- Maxillofacial orthopedics and orthodontics
- Art, sculpture and jewelry
Casting manufacturing technology
Metal casting is a technological process of piece or serial production metal goods by pouring molted metal into the casting mold. When all mold cavities are filled, metal cools down and transforms from the liquid state of matter into solid. After the process is finished, workpiece (cast product) gains solidity, robustness, configuration and appearance of a final product.
Casting manufacturing technologies:
- Static pour
- Pressure casting
- Horizontal continuous casting
- Centrifugal casting
- Vacuum casting
- Electroslag casting and others.
Casting technologies are also classified by mold types and methods of producing final products. Sand, shell or manifold mold using, cold casting, casting in the ground or ingot mold and casting on mercury frozen or gasified models methods are used.
Depending on the method used to make casting product, required size and used materials, different equipment and supplementary materials types are applied. At the exposition of INNOPROM fair there will be presented machine tools, mechanisms and units, which provide in automated mode full production cycle as well as separate stages. Producers will present new developments and proven models – you will be able to compare technical characteristics and get advice on choosing the equipment for your products, scale of production and contributing factors.
Kinds of casting equipment:
- Casting machines and complexes
- Horizontal continuous casting lines
- Casting furnaces (vacuum, induction, melting, calcining)
- Sintering and burning furnaces (vacuum, high-vacuum, high-temperature, vacuum hydrogen, vacuum compression, spark plasma sintering)
- Laboratory vacuum brazing furnaces
- Heat treatment vacuum furnaces (annealing, nitriding, hardening in gas or oil environment, crystallization)
- Resistance crucible furnaces (continuous or cyclical types)
- Core making machines of different types and sizes
- Vibrating tables
- Forming mixers
- Additional mechanisms and devices (tilters, conveying units, equipment for cleaning cast products, chemical analysis and others)
Casting product range includes:
- Ready-to-use molds
- Metals and alloys
- Melt filters
- Tubes for extraction gas from casting cores
- Casting ladles
In manufacturing process one-time use and reusable molds are applied. Reusable molds include refractory ceramics, metal and graphite forms. The most popular reusable molds are chill casting molds (closed) and ingot molds (opened).
Metal molds are usually made of cast iron or heat-resistant steel, for making non-ferrous cast products copper, brass and plaster shell mods or powder silicon dioxide molds are used.
Low-melting metal press forms are also used, they are applied for casting steel, some kinds of alloys and noble metals. For filling such press forms plastic, paraffin wax or mercury is used.
Metals and alloys for industrial casting
- Ferrous metals (cast iron, ductile iron, steel)
- Non-ferrous metals (bronze, brass, copper, titanium, magnesium alloys, aluminum alloys, nickel alloys)
- Nobel metals (gold, platinum, silver)
Various expendable materials are also used during casting process
- Original core mixtures
- Heat-resistance mixture bases
- Molding mixtures (plaster, asbestos, quartz send)
- Supplementary components, which impart required properties to mixtures
- Resins and hardeners
- Insulating pastes
- Lining materials
Don’s miss the chance to see the one of the most large-scale casting equipment expositions at INNOPROM. METALWORKING within the INNOPROM fair in Ekaterinburg. Entrance to the event is by electronic single ticket, which is valid during all four event days. Register the web-site and get a free electronic ticket for visitors by completing the questionnaire in your personal account.
If you want to be a participant of the fair and present your casting equipment and materials range, send an application for participation to the arrangers.